Nationality : Japan
Junko Koshino is one of Japan’s most highly acclaimed and celebrated fashion designers. She is best known for her bold, sophisticated and cutting-edge designs. Koshino designs functional garments featuring geometric, sometimes asymmetrical shapes, with bright and contrasting hues. She emphasizes a focus on the femininity of a woman, but is always experimenting on new ideas.
She has also been involved in cultural exchange through her fashion design activities in countries such as China, Italy, France, and the U.S. She was appointed by Japan’s Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport as the 2008 Yokoso! Japan Ambassador.
- Produce for the Jan Festival’s fashion show and opening at Kennedy Center in Washington D.C. , 2008
- Received “Cavaliere dell’Ordine della Stella della Solidarieta’ Italiana”, 2006
- Costume Design for Ministry of Culture awarded musical ‘Tottemo-Ghost’, 2005
- ’8th International ADC Award 1884′, Silver Award, 1994
- Uniform Design for Japan’s Men’s National Volleyball team at Barcelona Olympics, Spain 1992
- Won ’7TH SE-EN’ Award, 1960